Even though the sales are ending and the stores are rapidly filling with Pre Fall merchandise, it is definitely still summer. The weather in most cities right now is hot, hot, hot! It can be difficult to dress for the heat and look your best.
Here are a few tips to keep your style cool during the late-summer heat.
- Dress in lightweight natural fabrics such as cotton or linen keep you cool and mask perspiration – think Cucinelli.
- Avoid fabrics like silk or synthetic blends that have a tendency to retain “moisture.”
- Opt for light colors and prints – like this Ulla Johnson dress – as dark colors tend to absorb the sun and show sweat.
- Keep your purse stocked with hair ties for a slick ponytail or bun and roll-on perfume for freshening up.
We all relate to not wanting to get dressed up in the heat, especially if you are someone who commutes to work. Follow these three simple rules to insure that your summer style stays professional:
- If you would wear it to the beach, you should not wear it to the office!
- Dresses that can function as a cover up are not work-appropriate!
- Flats that can be referred to as “flip-flops” are not ok!
Now is the time in the season where women tend to get bored of their current clothing rotation. If you are feeling like your “go-to” dresses have probably been seen a few times around town over the last few months, it may be time to give your warm weather wardrobe a re-boot:
- Check out the end-of-summer sales. Retailers are dying to get rid of their summer inventory to make room for pre-Fall even though it’s still 100 degrees outside. This is the time to give your summer wardrobe a breath of fresh air!
- Wear your favorite bright color or print that you will have to retire once fall hits. We love wearing fall sweaters and jackets but this is your chance to wear your favorite patterned romper.
Take advantage of the last few weeks of summer and embrace your “hot” side!